Thursday, September 29, 2011

C4K Summary Post for September

kids connecting picture

My first post for September was on Ngaina from Point England School in Auckland, New Zealand. I commented on a post about math and there was a link provided to help students break down large math problems into simpler problems by a series of steps. I mentioned that I thought it was useful and that I would pass it on to my daughter for her to use. I class blog mentions alot about the rugby team that brought home the championship. Rugby is obviously a huge sport in New Zealand. I learned something new because I thought soccer was the dominant sport everywhere except for here.

My second kid was Seino Mino from the same school in the previous paragraph. He was talking about a beep test that they do for fitness. It is based on a series of exercises that give them a score to see where they can improve their fitness. He seemed discouraged with his score and I felt the need to encourage him that his competitiveness will push him to be better as a student overall! Success is definitely in his future!

The last student I covered was from Point View School in New Zealand and her name is Rebecca. She is 12 years old and is a huge rugby fan. I commented on her use of technology in the classroom and how she used it towards her favorite sport rugby as well as volleyball. I encouraged her to continue to use the technology and that we are all learning and now I can see how even younger students are learning the importance of being "technologically literate".

1 comment:

  1. Quality post and comments on your kids. I was under the allusion that soccer was the dominant sport as well, but rugby is certainly big too.

    ReplyDelete