Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog Post #14

top ten list

I really enjoyed Jose Picardo's video on Top ten tips for using technology in the classroom. Some of his tips I have already learned how to utilize while doing assignments in this class. But there were a few reminders he put on there that I wasn't aware of. I never thought of actually letting the students utilize their gadgets in the classroom. With so many students having either an IPhone or IPod, we should start taking the initiative to show them how to use those products in helping improve their education. It would seem to spark their interests and possibly motivate them to want to come to a class where they actually get to play on their phone!! Although that "playing" would be in an educational format.

I also like his list of a-z internet resources for education. There is an extensive list of free resources that teachers and students can use for further improving their education. The list is updated regularly and it is encouraged to suggest other sites that I may find are useful to add to the list. I like the site called lingro that will translate a website into English to help you learn some interesting perspectives from other cultures and languages around the world. This is just one of many awesome resources available to anybody that is smart enough to utilize them.

1 comment:

  1. My personal favorite is tip #4, teleconferencing. Good job this semester.

    ReplyDelete